Wednesday, March 21, 2012

God is so GOOD

God has been doing so many incredible things not only in my life, but my friends lives as well. It makes my heart happy to see Him working in such incredible ways. I recently had spring break and for the last two day so of it I decided to drive home to Arlington. I was in Georgia at the beach for the other part of spring break but I decided I wanted to at least spend two days at home and see my best friends. It was the best decision I ever made! I drove home that Saturday and I planned to have dinner with Paige and Alexandra. We went to Grease Monkey which was so good. I don't really like hamburgers but it was fantastic. It is so incredible to hear about what God has done in Paige's life. She grew up in a strong Christian family, but she found herself following the wrong crowd and getting caught up in what society told her was right. This winter break her brother Price, who works at The Prayer Room, told her and Pierce, her other brother, to go to Kansas with them to a Christian conference. She wasn't too thrilled, but she convinced Pierce to go and they went. I remember texting her and seeing how she was doing. I just remember she texted back "Krissy I am being filled up." I hadn't heard Paige like that in a while. I knew something had changed. She came back to Arlington a different person. God moved in her life in so many ways in those five days than I have ever seen. He revealed to her that the path she was going down had nothing for her. She thought she could go down that path and she would be fine until she hit rock bottom and then she would find herself out of it herself. When in reality, she needed God and Him telling her that she will not be filled up with what she was doing. She could only be filled up with Him. I have never seen Paige so fearless in my life. She is not afraid to talk about her relationship with God and how He has changed her life. It really makes me think because that is one of the things I struggle with most. It is hard for me to go out of my comfort zone and tell people about Christ and what He has done in my life in fear that they will look at me differently or think of me in a weird way. She has encouraged me to not worry about what people think. God is so insanely amazing and I want everyone to know Him! I want to jump out of my comfort zone and tell people about Him. I have never seen Paige so happy in her life. She is happy because she has Christ. I love to see her so happy. It has made an impact on my life and my own relationship with Christ. It also brought me and her closer together. I felt that she was so distant when she was going down that path. It was so hard to sit back and watch her life and not really be able to do anything about it but pray. She is my accountability partner, encourager, and best friend. I am so happy that we have a God that is forgiving and knows our sins and mistakes before we make them. He can take us out of our darkness with His light.

God is a god of love. 


Such incredible women of God. So insanely blessed to have these girls in my life and to call them my best friends. 

1 comment:

  1. "Krissy I am being filled up" that filled my eyes with tears! Tears of joy. Love you girlies. You're all like my little sissies.

    ReplyDelete