Friday, March 30, 2012

Roommates and Dogs

My BEAUTIFUL roommate-

My roommate Rachel Dean is so fantastic. I came to Baylor freshman year and I went potluck on my roommate! I had another roommate at first, but then she got moved into an Honors dorm so then I got put with Rachel. It was truly a blessing. She is so hillarious, random, stubborn, and beautiful! We lived together all of freshman year and then we both moved into a condo together! Freshman year she was sexually assaulted and it through a huge curve ball in her life. Things got difficult, but she was always a trooper and kept her head up! I admire how strong she is and how she has relied on God through all of that. She came up with an organization called Someone's Child. It is an organization to bring awareness to other women about date rape. There is a facebook page as well, so yall should check it out! She sells bracelets for $2 each and they are definitely worth it! When people see the colorful bracelet, they will ask what it means. It is a great way to spread the word about date rape even more! So many girls in our society today struggle with constantly worrying about what they look like, what they are wearing, their hair, nails, skin, etc. Well Rachel made a video and added it to YouTube to show that EVERY woman is beautiful and God is ENTHRALLED by your beauty. (Psalm 45:11) She wrote the entire thing. Every woman should check it out. It really makes you think about how we constantly look at what society thinks of us or what they want for us, instead of seeing how God made us perfect in His image. He made us like we are for a reason, and every woman needs to see this.

Here is a link to her video. Please check it out. It is not long at all and it is definitely worth your time :)
Charm is deceptive & beauty is fleeting

Precious little doggies-

So my friend Sam signed up to foster dogs from the Waco Humane Society and talked me into it. I was very hesitant about it until I went to the shelter. They are so precious and it made my heart sad to see all of those dogs in cages with no home. I wanted to take them all, but of course I couldn't. The first day we went into the shelter, me and Sam picked out two of the same puppies. We couldn't get them until that Saturday so we went home. Sam went and got his dog, but I decided not to get that little puppy. I went back on Monday and the lady took me back to see the dogs. I instantly saw this little chihuahua that I knew was just calling my name. I got her out and the lady said, "she is owner surrendered." I said, "well what does that mean?" She said, "She will be euthanized." Instantly my heart sank. I had to take her home. The only problem: she had horrible fleas and ticks. My roommate wasnt super thrilled about her ticks and fleas. The people at the humane society told me to go next door and get her dipped for fleas and ticks. I went over there, but they were about to close. We had to just take her home. I washed her with Dawn soap (I know crazy, but it works!) She was so much cleaner. The fleas were still not gone though. The next day, I had to take her back because they were so bad and they were getting all over my condo. I cried all the way home. Every since, I have missed her and felt like I just needed to get her back. So, I ordered a little crate and I think I am going to go foster her again. She is the most precious thing in the world. I didn't even really like chihuahua's, but we locked eyes and I just loved her. We named her peanut.

Here is a little picture of her after she got all cleaned.




No comments:

Post a Comment